Informal and formal training in growing skills is available throughout Scotland.
Where to go for training
- Social Farms & Gardens: have occasional training events in Scotland and can tailor training for groups
- Royal Caledonian Horticultural Society: their ‘Grow and Learn’ training scheme offers an alternative for those who find mainstream learning challenging
- Trellis: runs a therapeutic gardening training programme in Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Community growing initiatives also sometime offer training in general gardening and growing skills e.g. Bridgend and Ravenscraig Community Training Garden
- Royal Horticultural Society: courses are available at a range of colleges and venues throughout Scotland
- SRUC, Scotland’s rural college: provides undergraduate and graduate courses in agriculture and horticulture with campuses in Aberdeen, Ayr, Broxburn, Cupar, Dumfries and Edinburgh
For info on national qualifications take a look at SQA’s website under ‘Horticulture’.