Growing isn’t just about planting and harvesting. There are courses available on ‘How to set up a box scheme’ and ‘Getting local food in your local school’.
Where to go for training
- Scottish Allotments and Gardens Society (SAG): keeps a calendar of training and other events, as well as offering advice and help on allotment matters
- Social Farms & Gardens: have occasional training events in Scotland
- Trellis: runs a therapeutic gardening training programme in Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Royal Horticultural Society: courses are available at a range of colleges and venues throughout Scotland
- SRUC, Scotland’s rural college: provides undergraduate and graduate courses in agriculture and horticulture with campuses in Aberdeen, Ayr, Broxburn, Cupar, Dumfries and Edinburgh