Most people first think about grants first when raising funding. However, there’s always a lot of competition for grants, even more so now in these hard economic times.
Here are the main types of grant funding:
- Traditional grant-making bodies: these include charitable trusts and foundations, National Lottery programmes and community funds; CFHS also runs an annual small grants scheme.
- Seed funding for social enterprises: there are funds available for social entrepreneurs who want to create businesses that trade for a social and/or environmental purpose
- Local government funding: local support structures like local councils, community health partnerships and third sector interfaces often have small grants available for community-based initiatives.
Where to go for information
- Links to funding sources: a page on this website listing of grant award schemes that may be relevant to community food initiatives
- Local support structures: a page on this website with information about local support organisations in your area who may have small grants