A successful project is one that offers something that people both need and want. So, the people that you hope will benefit from the project should be involved in it from the start.
There are various ways of consulting people locally, including one-to-one conversations, surveys, focus groups or participatory appraisal. What method you choose will depend on how much time you have, what funding you have, etc.
Where to go for advice
- Community Food and Health Scotland
- Community Health Exchange
- Scottish Community Development Centre
- Your local third sector interface
- Fruitful Participation: involving people in food and health work (CFHS 2007)