For Covid-19 updates and information click here

Local support structures

As well as being useful sources of information and support, local support structures often have small grant schemes.

What they do and where to find them

    • Third sector interfaces: each local council in Scotland has a ‘third sector interface’ to support, promote, develop and represent the community groups; voluntary organisations and social enterprises; they are a good place to find out about other community food initiatives in your area – find your local interface here
    • Community planning partnerships (CPPs): bring together public agencies to work together with the community to plan and deliver better services locally; getting in touch with your local CPP is a good way to find out more about future plans for your area and how your work fits – find your local CPP here
    • Health and Social Care Partnerships: local partnerships have information on health improvement targets for the local area and can signpost you to support available for health related work. Regional health boards should have further information.
    • Community councils: mostly get involved in local planning decisions but also take on wider aspects of regeneration. Some areas have community councils and some don’t – your council’s website will have community council contact details
    • Housing associations: local housing providers work with local people. Some housing associations employ a regeneration or a community support officer – the Scottish Housing Regulator holds a directory of social landlords.
    • Development trusts: some areas have set up trusts to deal with large-scale community-led improvement projects – contact Development Trusts Association Scotland to find out if there is a trust in your area