The organisations below deliver training suitable for people involved in community cookery sessions. Some of these will be available only for specific groups or staff in the area; however, it is worth contacting them to find out about wider availability.
Where to go for training to run cookery courses
- How to Run a Cooking Group Course – this short course is accredited by REHIS and is delivered across Scotland.
- Community Cookit Coach Training Tayside – provides a two day coaching programme for those wishing be involved in practical food work in a community setting.
- Confidence to Cook: delivers food and health training for trainers in Grampian.
- Good Food Good Health Joint Award: Train the trainer in delivery of cooking classes – this accredited REHIS/Cyrenians Joint Award is tailored to support workers to help clients from vulnerable groups learn valuable independent living skills focused on food and health
- NHS Forth Valley Community Food Development Workers: deliver training for trainers
- NHS Ayrshire and Arran Health Promotion/Community Food Work Team provides training to staff and volunteers working in the Early Years sector in the area.