A new resource has been released to support community organisations to carry out their vital work safely during the Covid-19 outbreak. The online resource, developed by Scottish Community Development Centre and Public Health Scotland, features a range of practical information and advice, such as:
- safely promoting an organisation’s services
- making sure volunteers are safe and fit to provide services
- getting help with complex care needs
- collecting and delivering items
- preparing and delivering food
Whether groups are starting up or taking stock of an existing activity, this advice helps those providing services to think how they could break the chains of potential infection from the store to the door. The resource is routinely reviewed and updated to reflect the latest guidance from the Scottish Government and public health agencies.