Participants on the study tour to London in October 2013 agreed when they got back to Scotland to set up this group to develop a national focus on food and older people. The group has met three times to date in 2014. It has:
- Circulated the report on the tour and provided presentation on what they saw.
- Secured funding to support the development of a Scottish neighbourhood cooking project ‘Meal makers’ which launched in Dundee in August 2014 https://www.mealmakers.org.uk
- Developed a draft illustrative results chain on Older People Eat Well as part of the Scottish Government/NHS Health Scotland strategic outcomes framework for older people, and linked to Evaluation Support Scotland’s Stitch in Time programme.
- Worked with Evaluation Support Scotland to commission work into the evidence base to support the links in the illustrative results chain http://www.communityfoodandhealth.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Older-people-eat-well.pdf
- Shared ideas from the study tour with their local networks and partnership groups.
- Provided feedback on the draft Food Fluid and Nutrition Standards being revised by Health Improvement Scotland.
- Contributed to the development of a proposal for a national community learning resource around older people eating well.
- Developed a future work plan, recruited new members and negotiated future support for the group.