Funding from £500 to £2000
Community Food and Health (Scotland) has an annual development fund (previously known as the annual small grants scheme) open to groups and agencies in Scotland who would like to improve access to, and take up of, a healthy, varied and balanced diet. Funding from £500 to £2000 is available.
The development fund is now open
Dates for the development fund:
- Development fund closes – Friday 4 August 2017 5 pm (we cannot accept late or faxed applications).
- When will you hear our decision? We will let all applicants know by early October.
- When will you get the money? We aim to send out development fund money to successful applicants in October. (We must receive a reference and signed funding acceptance form before we send out funding).
- When does the money have to be used by? We expect successful applicants to spend the money by September 2018.
What will we fund?
The development fund is open to groups and agencies working within Scotland’s low-income communities to improve access to, and take-up of, a healthy balanced diet.
Applicants must show how their planned funded activities will contribute to targets and outcomes within one or more of the three main food and health Scottish Government policies or strategies: Preventing Overweight and Obesity in Scotland: A Route Map for Action (2010) and Route Map Action Plan (2011), Maternal and Infant Nutrition: A Framework for Action (2011) or Becoming a Good Food Nation: Scotland’s National Food and Drink Strategy.
More information about these policies and other information about what we will fund are available in our guidance notes . There are examples of how the activities of some of last year’s funding recipients contributed towards one or more of the three food and health policies in the development fund insert provided with the June edition of our newsletter, Fare Choice.
Who can apply?/Who can’t apply?
We welcome applications from groups or agencies working with and within low-income communities throughout Scotland.
Individuals or private companies cannot apply for development funding from us.
For more information on who can and can’t apply please see our guidance notes.
How to apply
You can download the application forms and guidance notes here or you can contact us to request an application pack. We will acknowledge your application within one week. Please note, if you do not hear from us within one week, we have not received your application, and you need to get in touch with us as soon as possible.
All pdf documents can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is free to download from www.adobe.com
The application pack and other information:
- Development fund guidance notes (print version). Please read before completing the application form.
Development fund application form (print version)
Development fund monitoring information (print version)
Development fund application form editable pdf (version that you can type into)
Development fund monitoring information editable pdf (version that you can type into)
Please note that the editable pdfs require Adobe Reader version XI or above. If you are having problems, please download the latest version from the link above.
Development fund application form editable word doc (version that you can type into)
- Fare Choice newsletter insert (contains information about the development fund and previous recipients).
- Sample copy of development fund conditions form
- Sample copy of development fund evaluation form
If you would like to discuss your application ideas please contact Kim Newstead by email: email@example.com or phone 0141 414 2890.
For information on funding and links to advice on filling in application forms see Advice and information on Fundraising.