Consumer Focus Scotland and Energy Action Scotland will be working together to provide short training sessions for advisers from food and health organisations. The training has been developed for frontline advisers whose clients are concerned about rising fuel costs and paying energy bills. Switching energy tariffs or suppliers can save clients money and support them to heat their homes properly. The training will support advisors to assess if clients can switch tariffs or suppliers and assist them through the process.
A series of half-day training events will be available across Scotland over the next few months, ideally for groups of eight to 12 people.
- Tuesday 13 September: Glasgow am and pm
- Thursday 15 September: Dumfries
- Thursday 29 September: Edinburgh am and pm
- Tuesday 11 October: Dundee am and Perth pm
- Wednesday 12 October: Hamilton or Motherwell
- Thursday 27 October:Oban
- Tuesday 1 November:Stirling
- Thursday 10 November:Aberdeen am and pm
- Thursday 17 November:Edinburgh am and pm
- Thursday 1 December:Inverness am and pm
- Thursday 8 December:Kirkcaldy
- Thursday 15 December:Ayr or Kilmarnock
If you would like to host an event for 10 or more staff or volunteers, Consumer Focus Scotland or EAS will aim to provide a trainer.
If you are interested in either attending or hosting an event, please contact Rose-Ann Porteous on 0141 226 3064, Rose-Ann.Porteous@eas.org.uk